Wednesday, October 18, 2006

GOOD BOSS... BAD BOSS...

A few days back... I was having this problem with this Sr. Associate that I have been working with as part of my internship... I mean the guy was down right rude at points of time and at others he was really demeaning...
With no avenue to vent out... I confided in my Dad... he just smiled and said "So U have found a Bad Boss!!"... I thought "yeh mere baap ko kya ho gaya?? Aaj tak to he has never supported me when it has come to things like these (read work related problems)??"
Then he explained to me the concept of a good boss and a bad boss...
A good boss is one who always talks to you nicely... overlooks your shortcomings... accepts whatever work you've done good... bad... or ugly with equal enthusiasm and aplomb... in other words takes whatever muck you throw at him in his stride and then works on it himself...
A bad boss on the other hand berates you when you muck up... scolds you when you are complacent and keeps testing your calibre, patience and will power... in other words he keeps pushing you to your utmost limit.
As Dad puts it... and trust me I agree grudgingly... (I don't like it when he is right!!) a bad boss is better than a good boss... he keeps testing you... keeps making you work harder... keeps throwing impossible pressure over you... and trust me you are shit scared of such a guy... He makes you do what you think you could never have managed...
Come to think of it... Dad was spot on... I remember working with a good boss as well during this internship... she was so sweet to me that I delayed doing her work by three days... But with my bad boss... I'd rather not try...
Working with my bad boss has actually made me learn something... I mean there's loads of stuff that I'm doing now... and doing it pretty decently (thats something my bad boss can vouch for I hope!!) that I'd never thought I'd do... or rather be able to do... new concepts new stuff... every day is a learning experience... and I have my BAD BOSS to thank for this learning experience...
THANKS!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still think a good boss is better than a bad boss!!! At least the good boss is never detested

4:40 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home